- What office handles Voter Registration?
- What office do I go to renew my vehicle license plates?
County Treasurer handles vehicle registration for motor vehicles.
- Where do I go to renew my Drivers License?
This is a state function conducted every Tuesday in the basement of the Public Safety Building at 219 NE 1st Street, Madison SD.
- Who do I contact to make an appointment with the County Commissioners?
- Who do I contact for a Building permit?
Lake County is Zoned so before you build you must contact the Lake County Zoning Office. If you are going to build with the City limits of Madison you need to contact the Madison City Engineer.
- Where are the offices located in the Courthouse?
- First Floor:
- Record of Deeds (ROD)
- County Commissioners Meeting Room
- Election Room
- Second Floor:
- Zoning, Planning and Drainage
- Clerk of Courts
- County Welfare
- Community/County Health Nurse
- Third Floor:
- Fourth Floor:
- Emergency Management
- Veterans Services
- Environmental Protection
- Is there an elevator in the Courthouse?
Yes. The elevator provides access to all floors in the Courthouse including the basement. The elevator was rebuilt in 2007. Some of the original 1934 parts were used such as the doors, lift box, and cage doors.